Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Dial 1-800-WASIM"

Nice title to this news snippet on cricket.org :-) ....

The answer to Pakistan's bowling problems could be only a phone call away. On being asked why he doesn't assist Pakistan's bowlers, Wasim Akram thundered to the Nation, "I'm really sick of this question. Now I cannot go to the PCB and beg them to give me a job. I'm available, they have to call me. And nobody has called me yet." Wasim was adamant that the first move come from the board. "If they want me to work for them, they only have to ask me. I'll never call Shoaib Akhtar and Sami." And with that, he hung up.


On a similar note I am not sure why they made such a big deal out of Waqar's bowling coach contract. I guess it had more to it than just the duration of the contract. The board's thinking is right in the sense that the bowlers do need some shepharding and i think they could very well afford Waqar's services. Now Waqar shouldn't expect the board to pay him the same amount of money he will get to earn on the commentary gig. But I guess its his personal decision and he is not bound to accept whateva the board throws at him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home